1. Fables of the Irish Intelligentsia (London: Fourth Estate, 1991; Minerva, 1992; New York: Penguin Books 1993). Winner of The Irish Times/ Air Lingus Fiction Award 1991. Written with Pat Sheeran.
2. The Loves of Faustyna (London: Fourth Estate, 1994; New York: Penguin Books, 1995. Translated into German, Greek, Norwegian (Merete Alfsen, Pax Forlag), Polish and Greek. Written with Pat Sheeran.
3. Daimons (Boston: Justin Charles, 2003). Norwegian translation by Merete Alfsen (Oslo: Pax, 2003). Written with Pat Sheeran.
4. Short stories published in various collections, e.g. BBC Book of Short Stories 2, ed. Pat MacLoughlin (London: BBC Publications, 1992); The Salmon: Tenth Anniversary Issue (Galway: Salmon, 1992); Infidelities, ed. Marsha Row (London: Chatto and Windus, 1993); Wild Women, ed. Sue Thomas (London: Vintage, 1994); Irish Comic Writing, ed. Ferdia Mac Anna (London: Michael Joseph, 1995).
5. Novella, The Opera for 135 KR in Site Seeing, (Den norske opera og balet, 2009)